It's a tradition for the the Redd family to participate in the Kingston 4th of July Parade. The theme this year was "Enduring Spirit." My mother-in-law had the cutest idea to do our little float as "Enduring Pioneer Spirit." She got the kids and anyone else that wanted to walk the parade a bonnet & apron for the girls, and a hat/vest/shirt for the boys. I admit it, these clothes are not very slimming, but we can so totally reuse these at some Primary activity. My in-laws have two mini-horses (which the kids love) and this year was Sofia's first year riding in the carriage - which I liked because I didn't have to push the stroller.
McKay & Sam walked in front of our 'float' - I made this sign the night before (you can tell) I thought it was only going to take me an hour to complete, but I ended up going to bed until 3:30AM - the sign still looks so homemade. My mother-in-law and others complemented me on it, but what were they going to say? Oh well...maybe next year....
2 comments:
Love the pictures, but especially the one of Sosia on her own. Thanks for sharing.
Your sign is gorgeous! I don't think you give yourself enough credit... I noticed that in the next post about your daughters absolutely beautiful castle cake! And what a WOW bday party! How lucky your daughter must've felt! (I remember when you were pregnant with her and can't believe how big she is already!)
Post a Comment