Today Sam was a toy robot in the first grade play called "The Littlest Reindeer." From the very beginning of the play planning stages he wanted to have a speaking part. We practiced and he tried out, and got one. There are 2.5 first grade classes so they tried to make as many speaking parts for elves, reindeer, etc...but there were only two parts for toys...and he got one! He wanted to be a Clone Trooper, but since he would have to wear a mask and all that, we decided to have him be a Toy Soldier...and he did great!
"All the toys are like brand new, and standing in a row.To the home of a lucky child, we are set and ready to go!"I am also proud of myself because I made his costume out of things that I had around the house (that also means I have a lot of junk). I spent about $10 on spray paint, and duct tape...a lot of duct tape! It was fun making his costume...for the first time ever I didn't lose any sleep over a project, and was satisfied with the final product!

Here is Sam with his first grade teacher...Mrs. Foss!
2 comments:
Love the Robot!!
Sweet costume! I wish I could create something like that with stuff laying around MY house... even if I had all the stuff, I'm not creative! HA!
Post a Comment