Tuesday, December 23, 2008

....day 347, and there is no sign of life.

...well, it feels like we've been home forever, but a huge storm came in Saturday afternoon, and we've been stuck here ever since, so this will be our fourth day indoors, but it feels longer since we stayed in Thursday & Friday after last week's storm. The news report the main streets should be somewhat clear of snow, but slick with ice. Our street is still packed with snow & ice, and I've heard of people having a difficult time getting up the hill to get to our street. My father-in law has snow tires, and has been picking up Mike to get him to the Ferry so he can make it to work - what a life saver he has been! Luckily we didn't lose power, but there is another storm coming in tonight. I'm glad we finished our Christmas shopping, so the kids will have something to open come Thursday...in the mean time, we are just playing around (made our own sled - once again of things I had around the house), drinking hot cocoa, and hoping we get some sun soon...or at least get above freezing!


David overlooking the playhouse...

then playing with the "sled"

the beginning stages of Sam's snow fort!


Isabel dancing in the snow and trying to catch a snow flake!

Sofia was not sure what to do until she saw the "sled"

"somebody, I'm ready...pull me!"
"thanks daddy!"




We took these pictures on Sunday - we got a lot more snow since then. The trash was supposed to be picked up last Friday morning...at this rate, I don't know when they will be able to get in here to get the trash...

1 comment:

John and Jessica said...

Cute Isabel dancing in the snow and eating the snow :) Glad it's all melting now.